HR002: Introduction to HR Management
This course provides the context in which HR work is conducted within the Federal Government.
How You Will Benefit:
- You will have a basic understanding of the roles of OPM, MSPB, EEOC, CHCOs, and HC professionals;
- The career paths open to Federal HR specialists;
- The interrelationship of HR disciplines in the Federal Government. Preliminary information related to U.S.C. Title 5 (Government Organization and Employees), CFR Title 5 (Administrative Personnel), the statutory/regulatory process, and Veterans’ Preference.
Who Should Attend:
The target audience for this course is early career HR Specialists (3 years or less of federal HR experience).
Staffing Technical Competencies emphasized:
- Agency Staffing Policies and Procedures
- Hiring Authorities
- Hiring Process Management
- Labor Law
HR General Competencies emphasized:
- Customer Service
- Legal, Government, and Jurisprudence
- Organizational Awareness
- Technical Competence
Length: 3.5 hours